Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA), formerly Williams Gateway Airport (1994â€“2008) and Williams Air Force Base (1948-1993), is an international airport in Mesa, Arizona. It is located 20 miles (17 mi; 32 km) southeast of Phoenix. The Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority owns and operates the airport, which serves as a reliever for Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Allegiant Airlines uses it as a base for domestic flights.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway is a relief airport, which is a general aviation airport used to relieve congestion at a large airline airport, according to the FAA’s National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007â€“2011. In October 2007, Allegiant Air commenced scheduled service from Mesa. In 2019, the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport recorded 1,774,763 passenger boardings.
Facts about Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is an alternative to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- The airport served 1.3 million passengers in 2016. The Airport is expected to serve 10 million people per year by 2030.
- The airport has three lengthy runways that can accommodate any size aircraft: 10,400 feet, 10,200 feet, and 9,300 feet.
- Allegiant Air flies to many destinations across the United States from Gateway Airport, including San Francisco/Oakland (OAK), Las Vegas (LAS), and Cincinnati (CVG).
- In the Gateway Airport area, more than 1,000 acres are available for development. In addition to industrial enterprises, the airport is ideal for maintenance, repair, and overhaul companies.
- US Customs and Border Protection have a presence at the airport, as well as US-VISIT (a US Customs and Border Protection management system) for international charters (up to 20 passengers and crew).
- SkyBridge Arizona, the nation’s first international air freight hub to contain both Mexican and US customs, is located at Gateway Airport.
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport features a first-of-its-kind service that allows E-commerce companies, manufacturers, and other commercial interests conducting business in Mexico and Latin America to transfer goods between countries more efficiently and cost-effectively while assuring proper inspections and safety controls.
Allegiant Flights from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA)
Allegiant Air offers non-stop service to and from over 30 cities into Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA). The airline makes air travel affordable and convenient with complete, low-cost vacation packages. Passengers get a complete travel experience with great value and without any hassle with low fares, nonstop, all-jet service, and premier travel partners. They get the best airline services at the airport and onboard the flight.
Travelers get scheduled Allegiant flights from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) to various airports in the United States. Flight services start as early as 6 am in the morning.
Transportation Services at AZA Airport
- Rental Cars: Travelers can choose from any one of the options for car rental services. Alamo National, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Hertz provide in-terminal rental car services.
- Ride-share: Lyft and Uber provide ride-sharing services in and out of the terminal.
- Shuttle Service: AZ Shuttle Select, Blue Van Shuttle, Stagecoach Express, and Sun City Express are some of the shuttle services that a passenger may get from and to the airport.
Restaurant and Dining Facility
You’ll find some of the best outlets on the premises of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) where you can take a delicious taste or give a delectable treat to your companions.
- Copper Plate American Grill offers an extraordinary combination of quick-serve and casual dining, with excellent burgers, hot dogs, salads, and desserts.
- O.H.S.O. (Outrageous Home Brewer’s Social Outpost) features unique craft beers on tap, with its main menu including salads, burgers, and a beer brunch.
- Get sandwiches made from freshly baked bread, bright salads, warm soups, and tasty pastries with hot and cold coffees, teas, and sodas at Panera Bread.